Re: Proposed issue: site metadata hook (slight variation)

From: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 14:40:26 +0000
To: www-tag@w3.org

Jeffrey Winter wrote,
> I'd still prefer to see something that made the request through
> the OPTIONS method, and since OPTIONS can take an entity body, more
> complex requests could be defined (for getting robots info etc.)

I would too. But again I wonder how widespread client, server and proxy
support is for OPTIONS.

With a Meta: request header as a qualifier for GET it'd, eg., be pretty
straightforward to configure a completely vanilla Apache server to
return metadata using only mod_rewrite. I think that doing the same
with OPTIONS would be a lot more involved (tho' please correct me if
I'm wrong).

Cheers,

Miles