RE: Proposed issue: site metadata hook

I like the idea of having a convention for URIs that provide information
about other URIs.  Too bad we can't use ' (the symbol "prime" used to
denote "meta" in Calculus).  So you would have
<http://www.microsoft.com'>, <http://www.microsoft.com''>, etc.

Anyway, please share opinions on the following two questions:

A.  Should the "meta" URL for a URL return *all* metadata for the URL?
What if I want to get just metadata of a certain type?  If I am querying
for robots data, I don't want to get everything else.

B.  Why not let sites return metadata about URLs which they do not own?
In other words, <http://www.microsoft.com'> gives me the *Microsoft*
report of metadata for that URL, but what if I want IBM's report?

manufacturers