Re: [Minutes] 6-7 Feb 2003 TAG ftf meeting

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:26:59 -0800
To: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Paul Grosso wrote:

> So I'm wondering if the text or the link is wrong.  As written,
> it looks like TB is saying fragmentInXML-28 and xmlIDSemantics-32
> are related, but I'm guessing the text is wrong and he means to
> be saying that xmlProfiles-29 and xmlIDSemantics-32 are related
> (to which I disagree, but I'm more interested in getting the minutes
> accurate at this point).

What I was saying is that people who are interested in solving the ID
problem often are motivated by the idea that they're also solving the
fragment-identifier problem, i.e. what does foo#bar mean when foo is
served as */xml or */*+xml.

I'm not 100% convinced that the issues are the same issue, but they're
probably not orthogonal and it would be silly to focus on the ID problem
without thinking about the frag-id issues. -Tim