Re: [Minutes] 27 Jan 2003 TAG teleconf (httpRange-14, arch doc, IRIEverywhere-27, binaryXML-30, xmlProfiles-29)

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 15:51, Chris Lilley wrote:
[...]
> It would be highly desirable for FOO used in an IRI and the hexified
> version of FOO used in a URI to compare the same when comparing two
> URIs. If this is not done, then IRI-URI is a one-way street.
>
> For this to work in any sensible manner, then clearly it is not enough
> for FOO to compare the same as %ab%cd%ef. It also has to compare the
> same as %AB%CD%EF and %Ab%cd%eF and ....

Either that or everybody has to follow the convention to use
upper-case in %xx escapes. Surely we could get that consistently
deployed in the IRI-grokking world.

Sender-makes-right is *much* cheaper here.