RE: Valid representations, canonical representations, and what the SW needs from the Web...

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 14:54:00 +0200
To: <dehora@eircom.net>
Cc: <sandro@w3.org>, <www-tag@w3.org>

Well, *I* can do all kinds of things on *my* server. But what is needed
is a common solution that (nearly) *everybody* uses so that I can ask
about resources on *other* folks servers and expect with reasonable
confidence that the server will know what I'm asking for and provide
what I need.

I.e. we need a *standardized* solution for accessing resource metadata
on the Web, and that solution is a key component of the interface between
the SW and Web.

And the solution needs to remain separate from the muddy waters of
representations (whatever the heck they are).

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler, Nokia/Finland, (+358 40) 801 9690, patrick.stickler@nokia.com