Action item in re CP11

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 17:15:51 -0800
To: WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

I have an action item to expand on my CP 11, which currently states:

 >CP11. Designers of protocols should give serious consideration to
 >avoiding such design activities in favor of existing well-established
 >protocols such as HTTP that fit well into REST.

I thought about this one and tried a couple of rewordings, and I just
couldn't see a way to say this without getting into a fairly full
description of  what HTTP does and saying "if you do this, use HTTP",
but this is going to be quite lengthy, and on further consideration, I
think not cost-effective, so I hereby withdraw the CP11 proposal and
thus (I hope) discharge this action item.  -Tim