Re: Helping us close two TAG issues

On Friday 12 December 2003 04:51, Ian B. Jacobs wrote:
> [1] URIEquivalence-15: When are two URI variants considered
>                    equivalent?
>
>    For this issue, our results are being integrated into
>    RFC2396bis.

I thought this was an interesting issue, but raised it on behalf of Stephen
Farrel on some of the WS-Sec work. So I have no objection, though I think
those communities might want to know of this if they don't already via the
IETF.

> [2] qnameAsId-18: Is it ok to use Qnames as Identifiers?
>
>    We have a (nearly completed) finding summarizing our
>    resolution:
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/qnameids.html

No objections though

1.  I don't understand the principle of "Good Practice" (if the principle
has been followed and a mapping is provided, what does it matter?).
2. The "musts" in the document:
  As soon as QNames may appear in element or attribute values, the
  processor must retain all of the prefix-to-URI mappings (and any API
  must expose these mappings).
Since that isn't capitalized, I assume it's describing practice but not a
requirement. But in the principle, what is the authority and object of the
MUST?