Re: New URI scheme talk in RSS-land

From: Patrick Stickler <patrick.stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 13:12:16 +0200
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
To: "ext jon@hackcraft.net" <jon@hackcraft.net>

>>> 1. User clicks on http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/ongoing.rss
>>> 2. Browser gets back application/rss+xml (or whatever)
>>> 3. Application hands URI to correct handler
>>> 4. Handler does the right thing

The application (browser) would need to do more than just hand off the
URI,
lest the handler and/or helper application end up redundantly retrieving
the representation a second (or third, or fourth...) time.

I think that ideally it would hand off the entire response, inserting
the
request URI into the header of the response. I.e. simply a local
redirect
to the handler and eventually to some helper application. The browser
is simply acting then as a proxy, redirecting some responses elsewhere
rather than displaying them natively.

Anyway, just wanted to add that last 0.02 euros...

Cheers,

Patrick

--

Patrick Stickler