Re: New URI scheme talk in RSS-land

From: Luke Hutteman <luke@hutteman.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 21:55:27 -0500
To: <www-tag@w3.org>
> I would guess that what Tim expects is for the click to bring up his
> RSS reader of choice, displaying the content of the RSS file clicked
> on, and that the application would provide a "subscribe" button.

This is exactly how SharpReader implements the feed: protocol.

Many other aggregators don't really have a concept of "view feed" without
subscribing to it tho. Their only options are therefore either popup a
subscription dialog with the url filled in, or auto-subscribe to the feed
and load it right away.

--Luke