Re: Clarification sought re "whenToUseGet"

On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 21:55, Mark Baker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding the "whenToUseGet" finding[1].  The general
> position of the finding seems to be summed up in section 1.3, the "Quick
> Checklist";
>
>   "Use GET if [...] The interaction is more like a question (i.e., it
>    is a safe operation such as a query, read operation, or lookup)."
>
> However, in section 6, regarding Web services and WSDL, the following is
> found;
>
>   "Section 3 WSDL 1.2 Bindings [WSDL] provides a binding to HTTP GET,
>    which makes it possible to respect the principle of using GET for
>    safe operations. However, to represent safety in a more
>    straightforward manner, it should be a property of operations
>    themselves, not just a feature of bindings."
>
> These statements seem inconsistent to me.  The latter seems to be saying
> that it's ok to have a safe operation which isn't GET as long as it's
> marked as safe,

Sorry, that's not what I meant.

I agree clarification is in order; I have a relevant action
on issue 7.

I had hoped to make substantial progress this week, but
the time has come and gone, and I'm travelling to XML 2003
next week.

Please stay tuned and feel free to remind me/us if I/we
haven't followed up in a couple/three weeks.