Re: [rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6] CLOSED: Algorithm for creating a URI from a QName?

"Williams, Stuart" <skw@hp.com> writes:

> I believe that the TAGs intent is that where qnames are used as a means of
> identifying a Web Resource then there is a burden of the language designer
> to provide an explicit mapping between qnames used in the context of that
> language and URI that identify the same resource.

I find this unexceptionable as stated.  I hope very much the draft can
be corrected along the lines you suggest, to avoid lack of precision
wrt the scope of what is under consideration.

There is evidently an unfortunate tendency in some quarters to assume
that a qualified name always identifies _a_ web resource, but this is
not the case, as my example was intended to illustrate.  Any language
in the Architecture Doc't which encourages such misunderstandings is
best avoided if at all possible.

ht
                      Half-time member of W3C Team