Re: Review of 28 Nov draft

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 12:44:32 +0100
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: "Ian B. Jacobs" <ij@w3.org>, www-tag@w3.org

On Sunday, November 30, 2003, 5:14:01 PM, Tim wrote:

Tim, quick note as I skim your mail (I need to read your other
comments along with the doc, but this one i remember without):

TB> 3.1 first numbered step, shouldn't that be xlink:href rather than
TB> "XLink href"?  In particular since you use that in step 2 :)

No. I chose the phrase "Xlink href" to mean "the href attribute in
the XLink namespace" specifically because some people seem to think
that the entire string "xlink:href" is magical. It isn't, it can be
wibble:href and work just fine if correctly declared. Conversely,
xlink:href can not work if you assign that prefix to some other URI.

The name of the attribute is, after all, href, right?

So, its  making a point. if that point is not clear then it should be
reworded, but not omitted.