Re[2]: Suggested text for 3.1 (small changes)

Hello Stuart,

WS> Chris,

WS> It's common in a number of specs to establish in a set of common prefix
WS> mappings used throughout the remainder of the spec (unless stated otherwise)
WS> eg [1].

Which is fine, to shorten examples and stop them being crowded with
namespace declarations. But not when doing a walk through the specs

WS> I'm not sure how many example prefixes we actually use, maybe not
WS> enough to warrant such a subsection.

I don't think such a section is needed in any case.  My wording seems
to cover it fine.

But I didn't say it was an unqualified name. Since its an attribute
and since we already said it was in the XLink namespace, its clearly a
qualified name.

>> So, its  making a point. if that point is not clear then it
>> should be reworded, but not omitted. I suggest clarifying as follows:
>>
>> In 3.1 first bullet, replace "identified by the XLink href
>> attribute" with "identified by the href attribute in the
>> XLink namespace"

WS> ok

>> In 3.1 second bullet, replace "defines the attribute
>> xlink:href" with "defines the attribute href".

WS> Hmmmm.... not sure I'd go for that. href is the local name of the attribute,
WS> but it is not its fullname. Is there a common notation for writing down
WS> qualified names (not qnames, but qualified names).

Well, you used one above. But I prefer your wording below.

>> That addresses Tim Brays consistency issue, further improves
>> consistency by calling the attribute href as is done in the
>> quoted section of the XLink spec, and addresses my 'no magic
>> prefix' issue and is generally a better example of the spec
>> spelunking needed to demonstrate in full detail how a link is
>> traversed.

WS> BTW: I'm ok with the "Xlink href" attribute as you originally cast it, but
WS> consistency in the 2nd bullet would then suggest "...defines the Xlink href
WS> attribute."

That would be fine.