RE: Suggested text for 3.1 (small changes)

Chris,

It's common in a number of specs to establish in a set of common prefix
mappings used throughout the remainder of the spec (unless stated otherwise)
eg [1]. I'm not sure how many example prefixes we actually use, maybe not
enough to warrant such a subsection.

No... it's a qualified name {http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink , href}.
Unqualified 'href' is something else entirely :-)

> So, its  making a point. if that point is not clear then it
> should be reworded, but not omitted. I suggest clarifying as follows:
>
> In 3.1 first bullet, replace "identified by the XLink href
> attribute" with "identified by the href attribute in the
> XLink namespace"

ok

> In 3.1 second bullet, replace "defines the attribute
> xlink:href" with "defines the attribute href".

Hmmmm.... not sure I'd go for that. href is the local name of the attribute,
but it is not its fullname. Is there a common notation for writing down
qualified names (not qnames, but qualified names).

> That addresses Tim Brays consistency issue, further improves
> consistency by calling the attribute href as is done in the
> quoted section of the XLink spec, and addresses my 'no magic
> prefix' issue and is generally a better example of the spec
> spelunking needed to demonstrate in full detail how a link is
> traversed.

BTW: I'm ok with the "Xlink href" attribute as you originally cast it, but
consistency in the 2nd bullet would then suggest "...defines the Xlink href
attribute."

> --
> Best regards,
>  Chris                          mailto:chris.lilley@wanadoo.fr