RE: Could w3c-xml-sig be made public?

From: Paul Cotton <pcotton@microsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 19:04:49 -0400
To: "Dan Connolly" <connolly@w3.org>, "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>
Cc: "WWW-Tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

> Only with the permission of everybody who posted to it.

At a recent W3C Advisory Committee meeting I suggested we could do this
my writing WG charters with a clause in them that would make member-only
email archives public after N years.

This would obtain the permission in advance since everyone that joins a
WG agrees to the terms of the governing charter.

But I agree with Dan, it is very difficult to do this retroactively.

/paulc

Paul Cotton, Microsoft Canada
Tel: (613) 225-5445 Fax: (425) 936-7329
mailto:pcotton@microsoft.com