len

From: Ian B. Jacobs [mailto:ij@w3.org]

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/08/12/popsci.special.internet/index.html

> I guess we can close this list and just reference that URL now. :-)

LOL

I remember this interview! The question was "Do I have to
type in "www." before example.com?" I tried to answer
the question in a manner that would suggest that people
should not rely on this error correction technique, and
in fact, they should avoid typing (and even seeing) URIs
where they can. This was captured as:

  "In an ideal world, URLs would neither be seen nor heard," says
  Ian Jacobs of the World Wide Web Consortium at the Massachusetts
Institute of Technology, which is working on a Web that'd
  require no typing.

I'll bet the Voice Browser folks are happy!

 _ Ian
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447