Re: httpRange-14

On Friday, August 1, 2003, 11:03:33 PM, Mark wrote:

MB> I don't believe I've ever claimed that.  I claimed that
MB> http://www.markbaker.ca/ identified me, the person (as my FOAF
MB> asserts[1]).  I've also claimed that http://www.markbaker.ca/index.html
MB> identifies my web page, though I don't think I've mentioned that here.

MB> What you might have heard me say was something about how it's impossible
MB> to distinguish between me and my web page if the representations
MB> returned from GET on those two URIs have been equivalent, because
MB> its the representations that determine the "sameness".

This is where the definition of resource in the arch document (bits
plus metadata) helps, because those two representations are (slightly)
different - the bag o'bits is the same, most of the headers are the
same, but the one returned from http://www.markbaker.ca/ maybe also
has a Location: header or some other way to differentiate it?

Lets see

[clilley@tux clilley]$ telnet www.markbaker.ca 80
Trying 216.126.80.155...
Connected to markbaker.ca.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Last-Modified: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:03:04 GMT
ETag: "1fc29-2a05-3f2ac778"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

<head>
<title>Mark Baker</title>