Re: Apple Music Store & Web Architecture

Tim Bray wrote:

> They invented a new URI scheme: itms:..... which, if you have a Mac with
> iTunes 4, pops up iTunes when you click on it.  Hmm... I think this is a
> potentially important piece of the infrastructure, does anyone know
> anyone at Apple who might be interested in some dialogue with the world
> as to the pros and cons of this approach?

OK, I was wrong.  If you take out itms: and http: at the front you get
reams of XML out, see below.  Near as I can tell, "itms:" accomplishes
dispatching the output to iTunes, which ought to be done with the
media-type or namespace or some such.  But it's nice that you can safely
ignore it.

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/advancedSearchResults?artistTerm=Beck&albumTerm=Sea%20Change

--
Cheers, Tim Bray