RE: Grinding to a halt on Issue 27.

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 18:27:06 +0200
To: "Rick Jelliffe" <ricko@topologi.com>, <www-tag@w3.org>

Rick,

that's correct. My concerns are/were:

- there is no clear mandate to change this in the XMLNS (!) 1.1 requirements
- it may break code, in particular if IRI allows some ASCII characters which
are commonly used as delimiters *between* namespace names (I assume that
this is going to be fixed)
- the benefit is unclear: if somebody really want's to *refer* to his
namespace using localized characters, he *can* do that. Just use the IRI,
and specify that the actual namespace name is the mapped URI (just like
you'll need to do the same transformation when for instance mapping a IRI to
an HTTP URL).

Julian