RE: Grinding to a halt on Issue 27.

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 07:19:08 -0700
To: <robin.berjon@expway.fr>, "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Cc: <www-tag@w3.org>

> No, it's not. Namespaces clearly specifies that they are to be
> differentiated based on string comparison. We know that IRIs will be
> strings. We can safely have a dependency on them, it'll never break
the
> spec. People using IRIs too early may get breakage, but otherwise
> everything will be fine.

This dance of "strcmp for namespaces and canonicalization for anyUri"
has led to a status quo that is buggy and ambiguous, particularly for
any non-trivial scenario.

IMO, it's more important to do this right than to do it soon.  Unless we
do it right, we will just make things worse than they already are.