Re: Grinding to a halt on Issue 27.

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 15:25:25 -0700
Cc: WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

>> I expect that similar normalizers will work on xmlns attributes, with
>> or without blessing of the specification,
>
> But the heart of the matter is whether normalization happens
> with the blessing of the specification or not.

No, the heart of the matter is whether the XML Namespaces specification
has the authority to say that normalization is not allowed, which is
what the text currently says because it is over-specifying the matter.

I provided the text necessary to accomplish the same thing
(strcmp comparison of attributes) without subsetting the URI standard
and without any need to normatively reference the IRI specification,
thus avoiding the fatal mistake of a section 9.

....Roy