Re: two failings of XLink

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:32:41 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

/ Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com> was heard to say:
|>  I believe I replied to
|>Jeni that I didn't think the <object> tag above was a hypertext
|>reference and consequently that there was no motivation to express it
|>in XLink.
| Ok, perhaps I need to rephrase the question.
| What type of reference do you consider it, and how would you then express it?

I think it's a reference to some opaque blob of executable code. I'm
willing to accept that that's a totally language-specific thing. In
its full generality, it could require more parameters and more context
than any common linking language could hope to provide.

                                        Be seeing you,

- --
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM    | A man is not necessarily intelligent because
XML Standards Architect | he has plenty of ideas, any more than he is a
Sun Microsystems, Inc.  | good general because he has plenty of
                        | soldiers.--Chamfort
Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)