RE: Is XHTML a dead end?

From: Dare Obasanjo <dareo@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:31:55 -0700
To: "Eric van der Vlist" <vdv@dyomedea.com>, <www-tag@w3.org>

So any attempt to process an XHTML + HLink document must first merge two documents before processing can even begin? I can definitely see this being cumbersome in certain scenarios but can understand why the HTML working group has decided to inflict this on us.

I only hope other working groups don't actually think this mess is a good idea since the last thing we need is making decisions like "should I resolve XIncludes before or after HLink resoultion which should occur before XML:Base is processed plus whatever other external remapping exist before applying my transform or query?" every time one wants to process an XML document.