Re: two failings of XLink

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:48:15 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

Elliotte Rusty Harold writes:
> >The img element is an element, whether it has an empty tag or a
> >start tag and and an end tag.  If it contains child elements, or is
> >wrapped in other elements, I count that as a multiple-element
> >solution, not just a multi-tag solution.
>
> An img element is one element. This one element may contain other
> elements. If these other elements contain URIs, then the img element
> also contains URIs.

So apparently you're counting an img element that contains 10 child
elements as a single element, whereas I'm seeing 11 elements total
there.

I don't think that's anything to do with tags, but at least the
different approaches to counting are clear.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether