Re: TAG Comments on XHTML 2.0 and HLink

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:32:46 -0400
To: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>, <www-tag@w3.org>
Cc: shane@aptest.com

At 12:47 PM 9/26/2002 -0400, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

>Every existing browser with any significant market share is based on
>foreknowledge of the meaning of particular tags and attributes including
>href. There's no reason this will be any different for XHTML 2.0.

You're basing an entire argument of acceptability for our purposes based on
an assumption that is unproven. Given that we have representatives from the
3 largest market-share browser vendors on our working group, and we've
needed to argue this point and produce HLink, should at least give a hint
that insisting on foreknowledge is not going to be acceptable to the
WG...since those vendors are present, assume what you will from those
design goals.

Ann

-----
Ann Navarro, WebGeek, Inc.