W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > September 2002

[Agenda] 24-25 Sep TAG face-to-face meeting agenda

From: Ian B. Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:07:39 -0400
Message-ID: <3D89F64B.8030207@w3.org>
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hello,

The face-to-face meeting agenda [1] is available at HTML
and as text below.

  - Ian

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/24-tag-agenda

-- 
Ian Jacobs (ij@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447

      TAG face-to-face agenda and meeting information
      24-25 August 2002, Vancouver (CA)

Thanks to Tim Bray and [7]Antarctica for hosting the meeting!

Agenda

    Meeting preparation
      * [8]30 August draft of Architectural Principles of the WWW.
      * [9]HLink specification
      * Summary of comments on Architecture Document (author?)
      * Summary of proposals to address low-hanging issues (author?)
      * Findings in production:
          1. [10]Deep linking by Tim Bray.
      * Proposed revisions to arch doc
          1. DanC [11]proposed text for 2.2.1.
      * Priority issues: [12]namespaceDocument-8,
        [13]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6, [14]httpRange-14, [15]xlinkScope-23,
        [16]contentPresentation-26

       [8] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-webarch-20020830/
       [9] http://www.w3.org/TR/hlink/
      [10] http://www.textuality.com/tag/DeepLinking.html
      [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0050.html
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#namespaceDocument-8
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xlinkScope-23
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#contentPresentation-26

   Action items

     Completed

     1. [17]Architecture document
          1. TBL 2002/07/15: Create a table of URI properties. [18]Done
     2. Findings
          1. [19]Internet Media Type registration, consistency of use.
                o PC 2002/09/09: Review IJ's [20]proposed changes to
                  [21]finding and [22]reply from Reagle. Does this 
change
                  close issue [23]RFC3023Charset-21? [24](Done)
     3. [25]xlinkScope-23
          1. CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish their
             recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, WG, or
             whatever works). Done; see [26]13 Sep 2002 draft of HLink
     4. [27]URIEquivalence-15.
          1. DC 2002/08/30: Redraft section 2.2.1 of Arch Document to
             address this issue. [28]Done

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0813-archdoc
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/uris.html
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
      [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0018.html
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0129-mime
      [22] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0020
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#RFC3023Charset-21
      [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0127
      [25] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xlinkScope-23
      [26] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-hlink-20020913/
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#URIEquivalence-15
      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0050.html

     Open

     1. Findings
          1. SW 2002/09/09: Discuss with IJ versioning of findings.
             Pending. Discussion of latest accepted v. latest draft.
     2. [29]uriMediaType-9:
           + DC 2002/08/30: Write a draft Internet Draft based on this
             finding (Deadline 30 Sep). This action probably 
subsumes the
             action on TBL to get a reply from the IETF on the TAG
             finding.
     3. [30]URIEquivalence-15. Relation to Character Model of the Web
        (chapter 4)? See text from TimBL on [31]URI canonicalization and
        [32]email from Martin in particular. See more [33]comments from
        Martin.
          1. CL 2002/08/30: Ask Martin Duerst for suggestions for good
             practice regarding URI canonicalization issues, such as %7E
             v. &7e and suggested use of lower case. At [34]16 Sep
             meeting, CL reports pending; action to send URI to 
message to
             TAG.
     4. [35]deepLinking-25
          1. DC 2002/09/09: Get Joseph Reagle to read [36]"Deep linking"
             by Tim Bray
          2. TB 2002/09/09: Revise "Deep Linking" in light of [37]9 Sep
             minutes
     5. Status of discussions with WSA WG about SOAP/WSDL/GET/Query
        strings?
           + DO 2002/06/24: Contact WSDL WG about this issue (bindings,
             query strings and schemas) to ensure that it's on their
             radar. See [38]discussions from 9 Sep TAG teleconf.
     6. Use of frags in SVG v. in XML
           + DC 2002/09/26: Describe this issue in more detail for the
             TAG.

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#uriMediaType-9
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#URIEquivalence-15
      [31] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Axioms.html#canonicalization
      [32] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002May/0161
      [33] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Jul/0275.html
      [34] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0127.html
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#deepLinking-25
      [36] http://www.textuality.com/tag/DeepLinking.html
      [37] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/09-tag-summary
      [38] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Sep/0085

   Monday, 23 Aug [Informal]

    Tim Bray has arranged for those who arrive Monday to have space at
    [39]Antarctica: 1198 Homer Street. There will be net access and a
    projector. Those available Monday may chat about the Architecture
    Document and may bring some suggestions to Wednesday's discussion.

      [39] http://antarcti.ca/contact.html

   Tuesday, 24 Aug

    09:00 - 10:30

    Taking stock. How is group functioning? Plans for 3/6/12 months?
    XML 2002
    TAG presentation at AC meeting in November: who? top three issues?
    10:30 - 11:00 Break
    11:00 - 12:30
    [40]httpRange-14, [41]namespaceDocument-8
    12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
    14:00 - 15:30 Spillover from previous session, [42]xlinkScope-23,
    [43]contentPresentation-26
     1. [44]xlinkScope-23
          1. CL 2002/08/30: Request that the HTML WG to publish their
             recent work related to linking (through HTML CG, WG, or
             whatever works). Done; see [45]13 Sep 2002 draft of HLink

      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#httpRange-14
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#namespaceDocument-8
      [42] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xlinkScope-23
      [43] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#contentPresentation-26
      [44] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#xlinkScope-23
      [45] http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-hlink-20020913/

    15:30 - 16:00 Break
    16:00 - 17:30 [46]rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6

      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/ilist#rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6

    Dinner at the [47]Salmon House at 18:30.

      [47] http://www.salmonhouse.com/

   Wednesday, 25 Aug

    09:00 - 10:30
    Architecture Document
     1. Report from Monday meeting.
     2. How is arch doc going (see [48]comments from RF)?
     3. What should a principle look like?
     4. [49]Architecture document
          1. DC 2002/08/12: Ask www-tag for volunteers to work with TAG
             (and possibly IETF) on HTTP URI stuff; CRISP. [This action
             supersedes the previous action: Ask IESG when IETF decided
[            not to use HTTP URIs to name protocols.] [50]Sent. Awaiting
             reply.
          2. DC 2002/09/09: Write up alternative view of URI properties
             table (in terms of characteristics first).
          3. DC 2002/09/09: Summarize comments on arch document as input
             to f2f

      [48] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Aug/0350.html
      [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2002/0813-archdoc
      [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2002Aug/0196.html

    10:30 - 11:00        Break
    11:00 - 12:30
    Architecture Document
    12:30 - 14:00        Lunch
    14:00 - 15:30 Findings in development
     1. [51]Deep linking by Tim Bray.

      [51] http://www.textuality.com/tag/DeepLinking.html

    15:30 - 16:00        Break
    16:00 - 17:30        Issues or Arch doc

Meeting information

   Venue

    We will meet in a room provided by [52]Schema Software, at 1190 
Homer
    Street (at Davie Street). This is within walking distance of the
    [53]Rosedale Hotel (approx four blocks).

      [52] http://www.schemasoft.com/company/contact.shtml
      [53] http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/

   Hotels

    Most people seem to be staying at the [54]Rosedale Hotel: 838 
Hamilton
    St. at Robson. +1 (604) 689-8033

      [54] http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/

   Meals

      * Breakfasts: No breakfasts planned at the meeting. We can eat at
        the Rosedale.
      * Coffee and lunches: Tim Bray suggests we step out for coffee and
        lunch.
      * Monday dinner: Barbecue at Tim Bray's house (details to be
        provided by Tim).
      * Tuesday dinner: [55]Salmon House. Count 45 minutes to get there
        from the meeting location.

      [55] http://www.salmonhouse.com/

   Transportation

    Information on [56]getting from the airport to the Rosedale Hotel is
    available on the Web.

      [56] http://www.rosedaleonrobson.com/location.php3

      _________________________________________________________________


     Ian Jacobs. Last modified: $Date: 2002/09/19 16:08:08 $
Received on Thursday, 19 September 2002 12:11:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:47:11 GMT