Re: RDF Concepts and Data Model document

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 11:59:17 +0100
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>, "Williams, Stuart" <skw@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

At 03:51 18/09/2002 +0100, Tim Berners-Lee wrote:

[...]

>*       when used in an rdf document, someurl#frag means the thing that
>is indicated, according to the rules of the application/rdf+xml mime
>type as a "fragment" or "view" of the RDF document at someurl.

As Martin Deurst has pointed out elsewhere, we also have to consider the
situation when RDF containing someurl#frag is embedded in another document,
e.g. HTML or SVG.  The mime-type applicable to that document is not
application/rdf+xml and thus RDF has no authority to define what it means.

Brian