Re: How to Version XML Applications

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 07:44:36 -0700
To: xsl-editors@w3.org
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Norman Walsh wrote:

> I doubt that there's "one true solution" to this problem, so I'm not
> inclined to encourage the TAG to get involved.

What Norm said.  When people say "versioning", they mean all sorts of
different things, many of them violently mutually incompatible.
Different WGs are going to have really different versioning requirements.

I also am generally dubious about using namespaces to version, to the
extent that it might be worth considering an architectural principle
that this is a bad idea.  -Tim