Re: Comments on Architectural Principles of the World Wide Web

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:47:51 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org

/ "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org> was heard to say:
| A QName is a perfectly good reference to something which is
| identified by a URI.

Absent a mapping from foo:bar to an absolute URI reference, we can't
say what URI identifies foo:bar.

Until rdfmsQnameUriMapping-6 is resolved, I'm not sure I can agree
wholeheartedly with the assertion that qnames are references to things
identified by a URI. I fear that URIEquivalence-15 will have some
bearing as well (though perhaps not).

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM    | 'tis expressly against the law of arms: 'tis
XML Standards Architect | as arrant a piece of knavery, mark you now,