Re: Including 'fragment identifier semantics' in MIME media type registration?

From: MURATA Makoto <murata@hokkaido.email.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:29:15 +0900
To: "Larry Masinter" <LMM@acm.org>
Cc: uri@w3.org, www-tag@w3.org, ietf-types@iana.org

I have some questions about fragment identifiers.

When the media type is determined by negotiation, how can users
specify fragment identifiers in advance?  I'm happy to see
that the TAG is already considering this issue.

If fragment identifiers are interpreted by clients, why should
they be standardized as part of URIs?  To me, they are not part
of URIs or protocols, but they are instructions to clients.  In
other words, why different applications for the same media type
have to agree on fragment identifiers?

Cheers,

Makoto