Re: "absolute URI reference" considered awkward (and in one case, overly constraining)

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 14:03:06 -0700
To: Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
Cc: www-tag@w3.org

Tim Berners-Lee wrote:
> Acknowledge:  in the TAG document, make an end note or appendix acking the
> old system and mentioning the problem with it.
>
> Resolve: Issue new RFC which Roy was working on anyway.

Trouble is the RFC process (as I understand it) is pretty
nondeterministic, and it's gonna REALLY SUCK if the W3C and the IETF
mean different things when they say "URI".  It would be so much nicer if
we could have some comfort that there will be consistency.

Agreed that if we change the terminology in Webarch, we must have a
crystal-clear 2-way mapping between the terminologies.  Yecch.  -Tim