Re: First public WD of "Architectural Principles of the World Wide Web"

"Anthony B. Coates" wrote:

> I would venture that a URI identifies a resource, but that a complex resource
> might contain portions that people equate with individual "things" or
> "concepts".  In that view, the resource would be a compound resource.  So, for
> example
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
>
> refers to a compound resource (if any) that identifies the whole of W3C XML
> Schema, while
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int
>
> identifies the integer datatype within W3C XML Schema.

You say that that identifiers the "integer datatype". If we were forced
to state that in a formal way we might say that

"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int has rdf:type dataType"

But the XPointer specification disagrees with you. The XPointer
specification says that *if* the XML Schema document is XML then

http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#int has rdf:type XMLElement

I think that this is a pretty fundamental disagreement.
--
 Paul Prescod