Re: IRIs everywhere (including XML namespaces)

Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> That said, I am worried that at least some existing parsers may not
> be making the proper IRI-to-URI conversion.

Then the answer is not to ban IRIs but to promote them.

Non-ASCII users have been badly treated by the ASCII-only "minimum literal"
approach, which perhaps ultimately stems from the DNS community's failure of
interest in i18n.

A lack of leadership to forcefully promote IRIs will leave non-ASCII users as
second-class citizens.   People want to be able to write directly using their local
writing  system, and for software and infrastructure to handle it.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe