Re: [Agenda] 21 Oct 2002 TAG teleconf

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:12:40 -0700
To: <www-tag@w3.org>

I think if you're going to "work with the IETF",
you might want to note that yesterday, IETF
issued BCP 66, RFC 3406, on Uniform Resource
Names (URN) Namespace Definition Mechanism,
as well as RFC 3401, 3402, 3403 and 3404 on the
Dynamic Delegation Discovery System for URNs. You might also
note that the authors of RFC 3406, at least, include
a member of the Internet Architecture Board and one
of the area directors for applications in the IETF.

I think the W3C request for the IETF to maintain http URIs
for various 'permanent' names might be evaluated with these
mechanisms in mind.

Good liaison requires listening as well as speaking.

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net