Re: now://example.org/car (was lack of consensus on httpRange-14)

David Orchard wrote:

> Then at some point later, somebody decides to make representations on the
> web.  One example might be to refer to a document with RDF assertions in it.
> The author will want all the clients to "break" if they use the name as an
> identifier as the author wants the users to do something with the
> representation.

I disagree. It's a little like saying that when a new method is added to
a class, clients of the class should break because they don't know they
should be using the method. When you go from 404 to representation
you've added the "GET" method. Nothing should break. You could
incrementally add other HTTP methods too. I'd still say nothing shoudl
break.

RDDL already proves this. Some namespaces have RDDL documents at them.
But clearly that's not supposed to cause any breakage in documents that
use those namespaces. If they were happy working with the namespace as
an identifier rather than a value, then they should continue doing so.

  Paul Prescod