Re: now://example.org/car (was lack of consensus on httpRange-14)

Julian Reschke wrote:

> So what do you do when you have chosen a not-on-the-web-identifier for your
> XML namespace and later find out that actually you *do* want representations
> for it to be on the web?

Exactly. By this time next year there may well be a REC-RDDL. All of the
  http namespaces that the W3C has created will point to RDDL files
which will give all kinds of useful information (both human readable and
machine readable) for those URIs. Whereas all of those
urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office URIs will never be
dereferencable. It is at least possible that this will prevent those
namespaces from participating in important and widely deployed discovery
mechanisms in the future.

The abstractness or concreteness of a thing *is not constant* and
therefore should not be embedded into the things name. So that's why I
do not think that "now:" is the right thing.

  Paul Prescod