Binary Infosets

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 18:27:29 +0200
To: www-tag@w3.org

Hi,

while reading the webarch WD I came accross a point that surprised me
slightly in section 3.3 (http://www.w3.org/TR/webarch/#formats-ideas).
Point 8 mentions "Effect of Mobile on architecture - size, complexity,
memory constraints. Binary infosets, storage efficiency."

Given that binary infosets (currently, binary PSVIs[1]) is what I work
on daily and that I am currently investigating ways in which they could
fit naturally into the web (content-coding registration for instance), I
would be very interested in knowing what -- if anything at this point --
the TAG thinks of them and of how they could best fit in.

Thanks,

[1] http://expway.tv/graph/Bin-XMLTechnical%20White%20Paper.pdf
Not the most informative document, most of the rest being ISO standards
and thus not directly accessible.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway