RE: what is this? was: Re: now://example.org/car

Clicking on that URL, I get a representation of what appears to be an
auction for a car.  It's definitely not a car, and it's a web page by virtue
of having a URI that can be used to retrieve a representation of something,
I guess.

I presume it's a trick question :-)  I guess the only thing we might
disagree on is whether it could represent a Car Itself rather than some
information about a car itself. Even if it was in the Porsche.de domain, I
could never accept that the URI returns a direct representation of the Car
Itself, but I easily accept that the above URI is an Auction Itself. But if
the URI were now://www.porche.de/Archive/1772811392  I wouldn't worry about
whether it was a Car or an Auction, because would uniquely identify
something that is not on the web AND IMPLY NOTHING MORE.