RE: now://example.org/car (was lack of consensus on httpRange-14)

That's impressive. I meet people who are confused by HTTP URLs used as
identifiers on a weekly basis. Of course, working with XML I am on the
forefront of the grand experiment that is using HTTP URLs as
identifiers.

PS: I wouldn't call the use of HTTP URLs on the WWW as utilizing them as
URIs so I'm wondering where you found users of "web software" who
encounter HTTP URLs which are used as identifiers.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Marriage is the only union that has consistently defied management.

rights.