Re: XHTML needs multi-ended links

At 12:26 PM 10/8/2002 -0700, Tim Bray wrote:

>>As for extended links in general, it's a "would be nice" issue for me --
>>but ONLY after we get simple linking worked out. Until then, it's a
>>non-starter.
>
>As I've said, I think that HTML has already done a superb job of working
>out simple linking; it's given the world what it wants and the world has
>embraced it.  What's to work out? -Tim

At the risk of repeating myself -- a linking mechanism that does not
require arcane knowledge of a specialized type of linking that a 'generic
xml processor' won't be be able to handle (assuming a definition of a
generic xml processor = xml, namespaces, xlink)

The proposal for added defaulting behavior in XLink 1+ would solve much of
that.

Ann

-----
Ann Navarro, WebGeek, Inc.