RE: //example.org/car (was lack of consensus on httpRange-14)

Mark,

I think the point of the original message poster was to suggest that a new
URI scheme -whatever it happens to be - that had the property of not
defining any operations might be interesting to use for identification
purposes.  I was just suggesting that the name itself of the scheme - in
that proposal - doesn't matter, the key feature is the lack of methods
defined.  And I was also somewhat suggesting that the scheme name "now"
might not be as clear as a scheme name of "id".  As in,
"id://example.org/car".  People have clearly been wanting this kind of
feature, such as urn:foobarcompany-com: in URNs.

I think the idea is to have URIs that are clearly not dereferencable and
also not urn: schemes.  And I think the idea is interesting, though I'm sure
some people - like TimBL or Roy or ... (shameless troll for a response) -
have thought through this.

Cheers,
Dave