RE: XHTML & hyperlinking opinions (long, sorry)

It's always interesting to see how people ignore Occam's Razor when it
comes to Microsoft and see every action the company takes as either to
result of some conspiracy or part of some grand vision. I don't work for
the browser team but don't doubt that Tim's estimation of the cause of
what lead to the current state of affairs is more accurate than some
conscious decision to "wait for something better".

However instead of idly speculating I'm sure you can just ask our HTML
working group reps to give you some sort of opinion on the matter
[granted it may not be the answer you seek but it is better than wrongly
ascribing motives to some constrained group of developers in Redmond].

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming

rights.