Re: Is XHTML a dead end?

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 23:22, Norman Walsh wrote:

> Eric V. posted a stylesheet to do some XLink processing recently. It
> contained lots of very generic matches (match="*" and match="@*").
> Templates of that sort are problematic if you want to build a
> stylesheet that can be extended, so let's look at a different example.

Hey, this was just to refute an objection explaining that the additional
complexity brought by HLink would over kill applications rather than a
design guide :-) ...

Anyway, for my defense, I'd say that I like to use these generic
templates when I am writing near-identity transformation (and that was
the case) and also that I often prefer to write pipes of several simple
transformations (using a node-set extension if I need to consolidate
them into a single one) than a single more complex one...

It's probably a matter of style but I prefer simple things!

Eric
--
Freelance consulting and training.
                                            http://dyomedea.com/english/