Re: Opacity and resource metadata (was Re: proposed TAG issues: uniform resource version info and access of resource metadata

Ossi Nykänen wrote:

> To me, uniformly accessing metadata of resources (again maybe resources, I
> know) seems as important as accessing resources themselves (next
> generation Web?). And thus something for TAG to consider.

It's an important problem, and I assume there is lots of activity around
it over in Semantic-Web land.

However, for the record, I believe any attempt to standardize versioning
information, especially in URIs, is probably doomed to failure.  The
semantics of versioning are deep, complex, and vary astonishingly from
one domain to another.   -Tim