RE: Let's get some principles nailed down

Well, a DOM reflects an Infoset.  Just as I would discourage applications
from deriving semantics from the non-Infoset visible aspects of a
serialization (e.g.  choice of single or double quotes on attribute
values), I would discourage applications from attributing semantics to
whatever the DOM may provide for content over and above infoset.  Using
DOM is fine, of course, and the fact that DOM allows some utiltity
functions like limited query on the Infoset is cool.  Does this make
sense?

One Rogers Street
Cambridge, MA 02142

"Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>