Re: Let's get some principles nailed down

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 11:07:50 -0800
To: noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com
Cc: WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com wrote:

> Tim Bray suggests:
>
> >>CP3. When using XML, designers SHOULD NOT introduce
> >>syntax constraints beyond those involved in the
> >>definition of XML.
>
> This seems a bit vague.  Taken literally, it implies

Yeah, I agree it needs work.  I think we're trying to say what they
already said in that excellent IETF "use of XML" BCP, most recent (and
officially IESG-blessed) version is at
http://www.imc.org/ietf-xml-use/xml-guidelines-07.html - see the section
on Syntax restrictions.

I'm unconvinced that using the Infoset is the right way to accomplish
this goal.  Hmmm -Tim