Re: Let's get some principles nailed down

From: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:49:32 +0000
To: WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

Tim Bray wrote,
> CP4. XML-based languages MUST be given a namespace name and the
> elements of the language MUST be placed in that namespace.  Designers
> SHOULD make available a representation of the namespace which is
> human-readable and SHOULD make available a representation which is a
> machine-readable directory of resources which are related to that
> namesapce.

You want to deprecate XML 1.0 w/o namespaces? Even assuming that was
desirable, is it possible?

As to human-readable representations and related resources: there are
some of us who still think that a namespace is ... err ... just a space
for names, with no semantic significance beyond that. So I can only buy
the second part as a MAY.

Cheers,

Miles