Re: My action item on RDDL/RDF

From: Anthony B. Coates <abcoates@TheOffice.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 14:14:03 GMT
To: "WWW-Tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

Apologies for hitting the "send" button too early previously.

** Reply to message from "Tim Berners-Lee" <timbl@w3.org> on Wed, 13 Nov 2002
08:58:57 -0500

> PS: Actually, the main messw ith RDF files is where they can't use qnames
> because XML doesn't allow them as attr. values properly.  This makes
> syntaxes too long, having inpractice to qute the whole uRI all the time, 3
> bases or no base.

Yet W3C XML Schemas don't seem to have a problem with using namespace prefixes
in attribute values.  I've never understood why RDF cannot follow that lead.

	Cheers,
		Tony.
====
Anthony B. Coates, Information & Software Architect
mailto:abcoates@TheOffice.net
MDDL Editor (Market Data Definition Language)
http://www.mddl.org/