Re: Another RDDL/RDF proposal

From: Jonathan Borden <jonathan@openhealth.org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:50:35 -0500
To: "Paul Prescod" <paul@prescod.net>, "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Cc: "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>, "WWW-Tag" <www-tag@w3.org>

Dave Beckett wrote:

> Here is a pointer to how to put XML content at end of an RDF property arc:
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-syntax-grammar/#section-Syntax-XML-literals
> (it happens not to be mixed content in the example there; it could
> easily have been, I could change it).  So mixed content could be:
>
> <ex:prop rdf:parseType="Literal"
>              xmlns:a="http://example.org/a#">some stuff here
>     <a:Box required="true">
>     blah blah <a:widget size="10" />
>     this is mixed content yes?
>   <a:grommit id="23" />
>   </a:Box>
> blah</ex:prop>

What I want to do is this:

<rddl:description rdf:parseType="Literal" rdf:datatype="&xhtml;Flow.mix"
        xmlns="&xhtml;">
    <h1>Some typed XML</h1>
to xhtml:Flow.mix. Now if RDF allowed this I might actually have a prayer of
writing a document that could be RDF and which I could incorporate valid
snippets of RDF, e.g. fragements of XHTML.
</rddl:description>

However this isn't legal RDF as you don't allow typed XML literals.

Jonathan