Re: My action item on RDDL/RDF

From: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:52:49 +0000
To: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
CC: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>, WWW-Tag <www-tag@w3.org>

Tim Bray wrote:

> Paul Prescod wrote:
>
>> Not in a way that will be accessible to RDF processors. They have no
>> notion of the relationship between resource and representation, AFAIK.
>

> Aahhh... the RDF tax strikes again.  I want to do something that is
> obvious and straightforward and implicit in the resource/representation
> relationship, and using RDF is going to cost me oceans of arcane totally
> human-opaque syntax.

That is a Web tax, not an RDF tax. A representation is just that -
it won't have a URI unless you give it one. Only the thing it
represents will have a URI by default. You will want to give the
representation a URI to make it a resource, or make the
representation a Literal property value of the resource it represents.

Bill de hÓra